Gift Basket Idea & Gene Siskel Screening
Chicago Screening Dates & Ticket Info
The dates and times for the screenings of Old Fashioned: The Story of the Wisconsin Supper Club at the Gene Siskel Film Center in downtown Chicago have been released! Most of our screenings across Wisconsin have sold out and we expect tickets for our Chicago screenings to sell well too. So buy tickets in the same way Chicagoans like to vote: buy early and buy often.
The Best Holiday Gift Basket
Having trouble finding a gift for that person on your list who has everything? Give the gift of the Wisconsin supper club! Here's a breakdown of what we suggest you include for a great supper club gift basket.
- Old Fashioned: The Story of the Wisconsin Supper Club documentary film DVD – Our award-winning documentary is loved by viewers of all ages especially foodies, history lovers or anyone who loves Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Supper Club Cookbook – This new supper club book is chock-full of stories about supper clubs from around the state, supper clubs facts, and of course recipes from supper clubs! Award winning author Mary Bergin really captures the supper club spirit in her book.
- Brandy – Wisconsin’s favorite booze is what’s needed for a great old fashioned. We recommend Korbel.
- Sword Cocktail Picks – Garnish is a defiant when making an Old Fashioned. The sword pick is the classic choice to make your garnish presentable. The only question is, "fruit or olive?".
- Garnish – We put cherries and an orange in our basket, but a jar of olives would be also work well. Or if you have room in your basket throw in both!
- Old Fashioned glasses – An Old Fashioned should be served in nothing other then, well, an Old Fashioned glass.
- Sugar – We threw in some packets of sugar. They are easy to use when mixing the drink. We are also a fan of sugar cubes, or if you want to get all Martha Stewart you could make your own simple syrup.
- Muddler – The best Old Fashioneds we've ever had were all muddled.
- Supper Club Gift Card - All this supper club stuff will make the recipient hungry. Include a gift card to your favorite supper club.
The Music of "Old Fashioned"
We are often asked where we found the vintage jazz music in the documentary. People often think it’s from some great-unknown band from the 30’s or 40's. Surprise! The music is written by Glenn Crytzer, a modern day musician who writes new jazz compositions that have that vintage feel to it. When we discovered Glenn’s music we were blown away and further impressed by the fact that it was all composed and performed by Glenn and his band. Rarely do you hear about current artists creating original pieces of this type of music anymore.
Every artist needs support! If you would like to support Glenn creating more great work and get access to his latest releases you can donate to his Patron account. When you donate you get receive access to Glenn’s latest work. If you would like to purchase Glenn’s music for your own home enjoyment you can do so here. We can’t say enough good things about Glenn and his music. The cherry on top is he’s a great guy!